- -Increase one way fares by 25 cents base and/or per zone (the last time they raised fares was in January). Other fares will go up by the same proportion
- -Increase Go Pass fees significantly (now is same as a two zone monthly pass. Caltrain proposes to be the same as a three zone pass).
- -Increase parking fees
- -Cut weekend service
- -Cut midday service to hourly
- -Cut Gilroy service
The meetings will take place at 6 p.m., Wednesday, May 27 at the following locations:
- -San Francisco: 25 Van Ness Avenue, Lower Level Conference Room
- -San Carlos: Caltrain Headquarters, Auditorium, 1250 San Carlos Ave.
- -San Jose: VTA Administrative Offices, Auditorium. 3331 North First Street
The Gilroy service, on the other hand, does have equivalent service through the Monterey-Salinas Transit's 55 and VTA's line 168. While it is not clear of what the current ridership trend is for the Gilroy train service, the ridership has been drastically reduced from the peak in 2000 with the first dot-com bust and the 101 freeway widening.